JOIN OUR TEAM
The mission of the Bravo Family Foundation (Bravo) is to foster basic principles of social justice in Puerto Rico. We seek to nurture a more just society, in which youths of all socioeconomic backgrounds have access to personal growth and economic development opportunities.
Our approach is tactical and on-the-ground. Bravo believes in the promise of young people who demonstrate commitment and talent, but who may not have access to the learning experiences and personal networks necessary to realize their potential. We believe in raising individual capacity and attainment, increasing opportunities to channel entrepreneurial energy and giving back to the community. To achieve our mission, Bravo is currently developing and implementing our long-term programs in Puerto Rico.
One of these is the Rising Entrepreneurs Program (REP), which seeks to empower purpose-driven technology entrepreneurs with knowledge, access and capital to create a more inclusive and sustainable ecosystem in Puerto Rico. REP will offer selected cohorts an intensive mentoring and training program. The Thoma Bravo organization will help Bravo provide local entrepreneurs participating in the REP with access to volunteers and top talent from the Thoma Bravo network and global community.
POSITION: Managing Director for the Rising Entrepreneurs Program (REP)
Reports to: Bravo Family Foundation Executive Director
Located in: Mayagüez, Puerto Rico
The Bravo Family Foundation (Bravo) seeks a Managing Director for the Rising Entrepreneurs Program (REP). The position is full-time and based in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico. Bravo is looking for an experienced manager who brings knowledge, passion and commitment, to collaborate with the Bravo Family Foundation team in the development and implementation of REP.
The ideal candidate for this role believes in the power of entrepreneurship and the opportunities inherent in creating successful businesses. Commitment to Bravo?s goal of opening access, capital and knowledge for talented individuals from all social spheres is essential, as well as an understanding of the Puerto Rican business sector.
We are seeking an individual who can demonstrate previous success as a project manager, able to handle many priorities at once, detail-oriented, with high standards of practice, and who knows how to build a program from the very early stages. Bravo makes strategic goal-driven philanthropic investments; the Managing Director is ultimately responsible for ensuring REP meets those goals and provides participants with a unique learning experience. The position reports directly to the Foundation?s Executive Director.
Key Responsibilities Program Development
In collaboration with Bravo Family Foundation?s Executive Director:
- Develop the concept and timeline for how the program will run
- Define what happens during each program phase, including learning/mentoring cycles
- Define the curriculum units and content
- Identify top local business leaders and entrepreneurs willing to be mentors and teachers
- Help identify and coordinate executives and advisors from the Thoma Bravo network to be volunteer mentors
- Determine the internal staff that will be based in Mayagüez, outline their roles and responsibilities, and hire
- Develop an internal process and evaluation tools to measure participant?s/teams progress and success
- Create and nurture Bravo?s network of mentors, advisors, business partners and program alumni, locally and abroad
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the Rising Entrepreneurs Program in Mayagüez
- Envision and carry out year-round activities at the Bravo hub to serve the Mayagüez and West Coast entrepreneurial ecosystem, promote sharing, collaboration and learning
- Maintain excellent and consistent communication with Bravo Foundation?s Executive Director and CFO
- Create processes to announce, receive and evaluate annual applications for REP
- Oversee internal team members to ensure excellent performance focused on delivering high quality learning, skills acquisition and business success for REP participants
- Create and maintain a positive work culture of collaboration and accountability
Leading the Program
- Comfortable with leading REP from its very early stage, and listening to opinions and advice, to develop and grow the program
- Clear communicator and champion for the Bravo Family Foundation
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and deeply collaborative
- Knows how to use data to make formal and informal progress reports and evaluations
- Knows how to connect and build strong relationships with others
- Able to inspire trust through work ethic, know-how and passion
- Encourages shared accomplishments and celebrates milestones
- Creates a sense of purpose and meaning for the team, engaging everyone around the greater purpose of the Rising Entrepreneurs Program and the Bravo Family Foundation
- 5-7 years+ leadership experience
- Bachelor?s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Exceptional project management skills with proven attention to both macro and details
- Clear, diplomatic, respectful communicator with all people
- Organized and skillful in maintaining progress towards goals
- Excellent reporting skills, to Executive Director and others as necessary
- Enthusiastic, collaborative and always willing to learn and help others learn
- A natural advocate and mentor for others, able to maintain professional relationships
- Willing to do whatever needs to be done
The Bravo Family Foundation offers a competitive salary range and an excellent benefits package. We are also committed to creating a culture supportive of personal and professional growth within this young organization.
Please send your résumé and cover letter in an email with the subject: Managing Director for REP to: email@example.com