This is an exciting opportunity to help innovative businesses in early stages get their products to market through a six-month program.
What we look for in applicants
- Technical expertise or ability to recruit and work with technical talent
- Born in Puerto Rico or have strong Puerto Rican heritage
- Already have a core team and concept to take to market
- Committed to the Mayagüez area and Puerto Rico
- Preference towards software-based business such as Software as a Service, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, E-commerce, Developer Tools, Virtual Reality, Cybersecurity, FinTech, InsurTech, EdTech, Cryptocurrency & Blockchain.
The program might be a good fit for you if
- You have developed an expertise that has led to a successful product or service you are currently ready to take to market or scale sales
- You are a self-motivated individual who works well in collaboration with others
- You have some solid business skills or you and members of your team are committed to learning how to run a successful business
Interested teams should consider
- Practical Applicability of the Business: Is your business ready to launch? Have you validated a market for your product or service through customer discovery? Have you proved Product-Market-Fit? Have you generated Sales? Does it have potential to scale revenue?
- Program fit: Can the Rising Entrepreneurs Program add unique value to the team?
- Impact on the community: How does the proposed project serve or impact the local community? Which communities will benefit?
- Management’s ability to execute: Can the team build a business? What skills does it already have? What will the group need to launch or scale sales?
- Commitment to the ecosystem: Is the team committed to giving back to the community after the program?